The NorthEast lowa Quilters’ Guild has had such fun with our Drive-by Quilt Show that we decided to make it an annual event! Quilts will be displayed from 3:00 – 7:00 pm – extended hours! Some may be set out earlier – or stay out later.
We are focusing on three neighborhoods in Decorah – Vennehjem, Broadway/Mechanic, and South Side, although you may find quilts anywhere in town!
Maps will be available (closer to the event) at:
– the NEIQG home page (www.neigg.com);
– the NEIQG Facebook page (NorthEast lowa Quilters’ Guild);
– and at the Decorah Chamber of Commerce (507 West Water Street)
Drive, bike, or walk any route you choose. You are welcome to walk near the quilts, but requested to stay off porches and other private property. You could make an afternoon trip just to see the quilts, or spend the entire day and
– enjoy our beautiful parks and hiking trails
– bike, hike, or stroll the world famous Trout Run Trail
– visit the Vesterheim Norwegian-American Museum
– shop our charming downtown – filled with unique local shops and galleries
– visit Red-Roxy Quilt Company – a Top 10 rated quilt shop
– enjoy a meal at one of our fine local eateries (take out your order to a park,
enjoy exterior seating, or dine inside)
– visit Luther College
– check out the two local breweries – Pulpit Rock, Toppling Goliath or Convergence CiderWorks
– enjoy the 5:30 pm Lawn Chair Concert just outside of Impact Coffee
– stay for C&C Lawn Chair Trivia – 7:30 pm – also outside of Impact Coffee
– spend the night in one of our fine motels or the historic Hotel Winneshiek
You could stay for a week and not fit everything in!