Come join us for the Decorah Rocks second annual HOMETOWN HEROES HIKE.
* All proceeds from the event will benefit Winneshiek County Emergency Responder Services.
STORE CLOSES APRIL 30th @ 11:59pm to be guaranteed your shirt the day of the event.
* Registration purchase includes:
* Shirt (2 style options)
* No shirt option available
* A ROCKIN’ hike on some of Decorah’s most beautiful trails
* Opportunity to hunt clue rocks, and celebrate heroes at the event.
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER:
* To add to the fun, be sure to wear your superhero gear for the event!
* Hike Details – The hike will consist of three hiking courses to choose from: a 1 mile hike, a 2 mile hike, and a bonus hike. All hikes will begin and end at the event site.
Check-in will begin at 10:00 a.m. and hikers will line up to await maps and instructions. No hikers will be given trail information and allowed to hike before 11:00 a.m.
* Event details – The event runs from 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. on Saturday, May 14th. This is a walk-around event that will include displays and demonstrations that will include, but not limited to representation from Winneshiek County Fire and EMS Departments, Decorah and Calmar Police Departments, and Winneshiek County Sheriff’s Office.
* Meal details – Lynch BBQ out of Waucoma will also be on site to provide the meal. You may eat before you hike or hike and then eat… the choice is yours.
The meal will include your choice of pulled pork sandwich or brat, bag of chips baked beans and bottle of water, Pepsi products.
* The event will be held at the Bruening shop lot on the corner of Ice Cave Road and Quarry Hill Road. Parking for the event and for the hike will be in the Palisades parking area and down the gravel road along the river below Palisades.
This walk-around event as well as the hike allows you to mingle and talk with our responders and all YOU LOCAL HEROES!